Workday Project Manager
- Job Ref: 6288
- Location: dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
OverviewWorkday Project Manager
6 month contract or Permanent
irects and manages the full project life cycle for the delivery of Workday, setting standards for assignments and applications. Responsible for the delivery of the defined work packages to the client and providing effective management to teams and giving guidance to others and key business users. Provides management for the project and the team in planning, budget, oversight and documentation of all aspects of the project, whilst meeting on-time and on-budget project goals.
- Develops strategies and directs teams ensuring that project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off. Proactively aims to achieve personal and team utilisation targets.
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, approach, facilitation and satisfactory completion of medium scale projects with diverse scope. Facilitates scoping and business priority setting for complex changes, engaging senior stakeholders as required.
- Scope of responsibility includes any and all phases of the project life cycle as well as project team management and possible budget administration.
- Tracks resources and assures deliverables are met, negotiates effectively for key resources, and screens and selects team members.
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements seeking to fully address client needs, identifying, evaluating and recommending options, plus the establishment of a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence.
- Demonstrates use of a structured iterative methodologies, manages scope changes and communicates the impacts, and secures approval when needed.
- Ensures that realistic project plans are maintained and ensuring regular and accurate communication to stakeholders, consistent with the methods in use.
- Develops project plans using standard project management tools, e.g. MS Project or Project Workbench.
- Uses metrics and project plans to assess the success of the project and makes necessary changes. Reports project progress to project sponsors and management.
- Analyses relationships between apparently independent problems and issues. Probes and initiates research to identify critical problems. Reviews and cross-reviews reports. Identifies trends and translates analytical reports into management presentations, and provides guidance to resolve issues.
- Leads knowledge transfer and project postmortem for lessons learned and improving best practices.
- Identifies, quantifies and manages issues impacting delivery of projects. Establishes clear goals and priorities needed to assess performance.
- Meets on-time and on-budget project goals and participates in the identification of and planning for future resource needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- Retail Industry Experience
- Workday/HR systems Experience
- Project management knowledge
- Management qualification or equivalent years of experience
- Knowledge of MS SharePoint
- Knowledge of financial processes
- One or more industry certification e.g. Prince 2, PMP etc.