Windows System Administrator/Automation Specialist
- Job Ref: 3236
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
We are looking for Windows system administrator/Automation specialist to join the team of our client, a leading Irish insurance company based in Dublin City Centre (D1).
You will be working in the team who is responsible of the provisioning of servers. This team supports a number of system applications such as JIRA, Confluence, Test Rail, TFS, Team City, AppScan, AppDynamics and related technologies used for DevOps.
Your daily basis:
- You will be responsible for delivering and provisioning our server infrastructure across the windows physical and virtual environments (including the cloud) as well as scripting and automating our processes.
- Carry out upgrades of application DevOps tooling within the environments.
- Work on Automation of server builds and other automation initiatives. You are a technology expert who loves being in the centre of the action.
- You will work with cross functional teams including infrastructure, security, networking and project teams. You're a fast learner and great communicator who can support the IT needs of our European businesses.
- You will be the go-to person for GWLE for all server requests.
Your will be working in a team that:
- Is in continuous agile evolution, through the use of automation to delivering and provisioning infrastructure to all the European lines of business.
- We deliver the server infrastructure and foundational technologies for 12 lines of businesses including windows, Linux and the Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
- You will Interact with business IT projects to ensure the overall infrastructure design meets the requirements for performance, security and high availability.
- You will look for opportunities to automate manual processes and implement the solution.
For this role you will need:
- Extensive experience (3 years plus) managing and supporting Microsoft Windows platform infrastructure including experience with VMware vCenter server.
- A third-level qualification in an IT-related discipline or equivalent relevant experience. MSCE will be an advantage.
- Scripting: PowerShell and powercli.
- Experience/Knowledge in Agile/Scrum
- Knowledge of continuous integration tooling, development tooling and MS Azure.
- Knowledge of BladeLogic and Orchestration tools.
- IT service delivery background.
If you have experience in windows administration and you have automation experience/knowledge and you would like to join this team, we want to hear from you.
Get in touch if you will like to have a chat about it.