Windows Server/Cloud Engineer
- Job Ref: 5283
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
As Windows Server Engineer you will be part of a mature Infrastructure team that oversees the performance, availability, operational effectiveness and growth of the platform.
Much of the role is comprised of project driven work with some day to day support activities. It is a is a highly technical role covering a broad spectrum of server and infrastructure technologies with a strong focus on Microsoft Server technologies, Servers, Linux(such as CentOS), load balancing (such as f5 Big IP LTM/GTM), HPE 3Par Storage, Cloud (Azure, AWS), Containerisation, Docker.
In time, you will also be required to cover an on-call support rota covering weekends and out of hours, with other team members.
We are recruiting a number of roles suitable for engineers at different levels of experience and seniority but each candidate must have excellent working knowledge and strong technical experience in the following:
The ideal candidate must have 3+ years experience and be expert in the following Windows Server Technologies
- Windows 2012, 2016
- Windows High Availability Solutions
- Windows Virtualisation Technologies
- Windows Clustering and MSMQ
Strong working expertise in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable:
- Cloud Technologies/Azure/AWS
- PowerShell scripting skills
- Strong knowledge of Windows System Administration
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory infrastructure and administration in a multi domain environment
- Good understanding of web technologies & protocols e.g. TCP/IP and HTTP
- Good understanding of networking (VLAN, Switches, Routing)
- Experience with basic Linux support
- Experience with some common monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience with software development lifecycle and CI/CD tools e.g. Docker, Git
- Exposure to Containerization technologies - Kubernetes/Docker Swarm for administration
You should also have
- Minimum of 5 years hands on experience these technologies ideally in a 24 x 7 environment.
- MCITP, MCSE, MCSA, MCSD or similar certifications
- Strong team player attributes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Analysis and problem solving skills