Windows Server Administrator
- Job Ref: 3235
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
We are currently looking for a Windows Server Administrator to join the team of our client, a leading Irish insurance company based in Dublin City Centre (D1).
In this role you will be working in a team of 20 administrators, supporting the intel and the windows infrastructure for the company, you will support for offices based in Dublin (mainly), London and Germany.
In this role you:
- Build, install, configure, upgrade & maintain Wintel Operating System images, and related infrastructure.
- Manage problem, service and change remedy tickets and related processes. Ensure timely resolution and meet Service Level Agreements.
- Proactively monitor and manage the health and configuration of the windows server environment.
- Takes corrective actions based upon Standard Operating Procedures.
- Apply and update OS Security patches, system upgrades, firmware and infrastructure application changes.
- Research root cause of problems and update SOP’s as necessary.
- Coordinate, negotiate and implement systems availability and upgrade activities.
- Coordinate, negotiate and resolve technical problems and major incidents.
You will need experience in:
- Incident and problem resolution
- Windows Server Support
- Windows Server Building
- Windows and application Patching and updates
- Active Directory in-depth knowledge.
- DNS/DHCP/WINS Administration.
- HP and IBM Hardware support
- McAfee Antivirus support
- Backup software support (Networker)
You will need:
- A third level computing qualification, or equivalent relevant industry qualification and experience (eg MCSE)
- Demonstrated technical expertise in Windows Server Systems
- Excellent trouble shooting skills and the ability to think outside the box
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Evidenced communication skills with third parties (e.g. in meetings with management/vendors/third parties or other teams in GWLE)
- The ability to take direction and make decisions independently
- Adherence to company rules/regulations regarding incident and change process taking ITIL standards into consideration
- Good follow through to task completion
- The ability to take ownership of issues and responsibility for same
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies
- Willingness to work out of hours on occasion
If you have experience in Windows server administration, knowledge in AD, DNS/DHCP/WINS Administration and you want to be part of a big time we want to hear from you. *MS System Centre 2012 /MS Exchange an advantage ITIL Experience / Scripting is an advantage
Get in touch if you will like to have a chat about it.