Web Applications Architect
- Job Ref: 3899
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Tech stack and tools: Java 8, Spring, RESTful webservices, Apache HTTPD, F5 Loadbalancer, Apache Camel, ActiveMQ, Tomcat 8, AWS EC2 and S3, Docker, Oracle 12C RAC, PL/SQL, Hadoop, Lucene, Elasticsearch, Jquery, CanJS , webpack, Google Analytics, AddrressDoctor, PingIdentity, SAML, OAuth, Android and IOS Mobile Apps, Redhat, Cacti, Nagios, Splunk, NewRelic, JMeter
Overview of the role:
- Working as a web applications architect, as part of our core architecture team, you will be responsible for building out the Architectural strategy of the Products SaaS platform used by some of the worlds largest companies to run their Social Recognition Programs.
- Globoforce Social Recognition Product is in a very competitive and growing marketplace so we continually innovate and add to our Product’s capabilities, adding new features and abilities to scale to meet those demands.
Responsibilities, Skills & Qualifications
About your role:
Working in the core Architecture team on Architectural work that span multiple systems and Teams. This role is key to progressing items in our Architectural roadmap as well as feeding items into that roadmap.
Here’s a flavor of some of the items currently in our Roadmap:
- Moving from a release process where all teams release in tandem 5 – 7 times a year to a situation where teams can release independently on a daily basis.
- Moving from monolithic architecture web applications to a microservices based architecture.
- Identify Application Architecture changes that are required to better leverage the AWS technology stack
Here's just some of what you will be doing;
- Building out POCs, evaluation frameworks and vendors and providing recommendations back to the Architecture team.
- System Performance and capacity monitoring/planning
- Cross-system design reviews and governance
- Cross-system library and product upgrade planning
- Review of third party library adoption and licensing
- Documenting and publishing Architectural guidelines
Skills and Experience
- Must have extensive experience as a Java Developer, with recent experience in a Software Architect position.
- Extensive Experience of Tomcat
- Strong Relational Database application development experience.
- Experience with Apache and Linux
- Technical leadership experience; mentoring engineers and performing code/design reviews.
- Experience of Application profiling and performance analysis.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent understanding of OOAD, UML & Design Patterns
- Experience with enterprise integration frameworks and technologies – ESBs, messaging etc.
- Excellent communication skills
Education and Qualifications:
- A Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field, or equivalent work experience