VP of tech
- Job Ref: 3207
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Permanent
VP of tech -
We are looking for a senior Engineering Manager to be its next VP of Tech and lead the technical team.
Te company: global SaaS start-up. If you’re a technical manager who would like to tackle a complex technical challenge, who loves hands-on implementation details, high level technical architecture, team management and aspires to make an impact in society, you’re the person we’re looking for.
You will be leading the team delivering the initial production-ready version of the product, while designing an architecture that can scale up with the product and the company.
We like engineering managers who adapt quickly to new challenges and break them down in smaller pieces that a highly productive team will find high quality solutions for.
What are we looking for:
- Experienced professional with a track record delivering complex projects in fast changing companies. We’re looking for someone with +10 years of engineering work experience and +5 years of experience managing technical teams as a CTO or VP of Engineering.
- Experience in SaaS business would be preferable, although not required
- Ideally experience in the financial sector or regulated markets.
- Passionate leader, who can instill that passion into their team.
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural design of large scale applications and microservice approaches.
- Our stack is based on Java with Spring Boot and Vue.js, so enterprise experience with Java and financial/banking software would be a strong plus.
- Proven track record building teams and motivating senior engineering talent.
- Strong communication skills. the right candidate can thrive in an environment of asynchronous conversation, since a part of the team will based in the US. We expect you to have strong communication skills and be able to create working relationships with coworkers in across various locations.
- Fluency in Spanish and English.