- Job Ref: 4436
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
· Based on a Citrix environment provide a reliable, scalable end user computing platform to deliver applications, desktops and data in a safe, secure manner to the customer business users
· Ensure customer end user computing platform stays current and keeps current
· Grasp industry trends in End User Computing and advise & recommend to onsite Team Leader
· Maintain and develop customer End User Computing Architecture
· Execute & Support customer virtual workspace strategy
· Develop Roadmaps & Maintenance Plans for customer
· Working closely with Customer IT delivery teams to resolve high priority incidents
· Deliver complex /high priority projects into production
· Capacity Planning
· Knowledge Transfer to other team members regularly
· SME (Subject Matter Expert) in End User Computing
· DR drills and Mockdrill planning
· Vdisk Management
· Supporting & Mentoring End User Computing Engineers level 2
· Proactively identify service improvements
· Support team leader and advise
· Day to Day Administration of the Citrix Farm & associated technologies
· Monthly Knowledge Transfer to Level 3, Level 2, Level 1
· Management of P1 & P2 in accordance with customer High Priority Incident processes
· Maintain and create relevant documentation as required
· 3rd Level Qualification
· Citrix Qualifications Technical Experience 5 plus years of working in a 3rd level support role as an end user computing engineer
· Excellent Knowledge of Windows Server 2008r2 & Server 2016 operating systems *.
· Excellent knowledge of Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 & Citrix XenDesktop 7.15 troubleshooting
· Excellent knowledge of network troubleshooting
· Excellent working knowledge of IIS and other web technologies.
· Excellent working knowledge of Scripting – PowerShell preferably.
· Excellent working knowledge of Active Directory.
· Good Citrix NetScaler Administration
· Excellent Appsense Administration
· Excellent App-V Administration
· Excellent Wyse thin client administration
· Excellent knowledge of Controlup Monitoring
· Excellent with other areas of desktop technologies e.g. Virtual Desktop, device imaging, software packaging, application layering
· Good working knowledge of current desktop technologies, Microsoft Office and cloud technology.
· Good working knowledge of current IT industry technologies and IT service management processes. Other Skills
· Proven ability to be customer focused.
· Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Self-starter who is capable of initiating and maintaining communication channels.
· Excellent facilitative, decision-making and issue resolution skills
· Strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyse possible solutions using standard procedures