VBA Developer - Contract
- Job Ref: 2150
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Job Title: MS Office VBA Application support and Enhancement
Job Purpose and primary objectives: Creating Specifications, supervising code and quality
Key responsibilities The associate will be a part of the Trading department, seconded to the iSem regulatory change project
- Supervisory / Managerial responsibilities (please specify if the position will have persons reporting to it): Associate will be expected to liaise with a team of 4 offshore developers answering queries and driving development.
- Other responsibilities – Budgets, targets, equipment etc (please specify): None
Secondary Skills: Development experience preferably with VBA, Excel Applications and Macros.
SQL, XML, Webservices. UML / User Stories, Access a bonus
Key Skills/Knowledge: Should have good development experience.
• Ability to confidently communicate with sensitive stakeholders at all levels.
• Ability to translate high level spec into comprehensive spec.
• Ability to create a high level test plan from a high level spec.
• Ability to vary detail in spec. depending on the target ability.
• Ability to communicate to offshore team accurately
• Mentoring Talent would also be nice.
• Team Player
Duration of the Assignment: 6 months – 1 year
Start Date (please mention the date not ASAP) : ASAP
Special working conditions (travel, on call etc): None
Additional remarks (if any): • Technically sound
• Quick in understanding functional aspects of the business units.
I.e. Negotiating, client facing, communication, assertive, team leading/team member skills, supportive. Associate will be expected to communicate telephonically with colleagues offshore.
Associate will be expected to accurately interpret specifications and revert for clarification if necessary