UI Solutions Architect
- Job Ref: 5058
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
What you’ll be doing...
Reporting directly to the Engineering Leader for Field Services, the UI Solutions Architect role is part of our expanding R&D team that is focused on increased speed to market with significant scale on a brand-new Field Services platform.
As our UI Solutions Architect, you will work directly with and alongside cross functional teams in design problems, best practices and compliance.
This role is based in Dublin and you will be co-located with our engineering squads to whom you will provide architectural guidance and hands on assistance where required.
- Lead technology projects through the full SDLC.
- Develop and maintain UI solution architecture models.
- Work with delivery teams in the design and implementation of core components.
- Drive the development of future state UI architecture.
- Participate in the building of high performing teams through mentoring, coaching and developing internal talent and recruiting industry top talent.
- Be an innovation champion and evangelist.
- Work with key stakeholders and the product team to understand future requirements and provide solution level technical designs.
- Lead UI architecture and technical designs reviews.
- Work closely with the Enterprise Architects in carrying out the overall vision for our product architecture.
- Smaller, decoupled components.
- Micro-services and event driven architecture.
- Removal of bottlenecks for scalable architecture.
- Automated CI/CD practices.
- Best in class engineering practices.
- Work with third parties to integrate systems or components in the company’s products.
- Development of Proof of Concept’s as part of future solution assessments.
- Write code for features that utilise new or unfamiliar technologies, coding practices or languages.
- Analyse code coverage and other metrics to identify potential areas for improvement and/or refactoring.
- Educate developers on topics ranging from basic principles like decoupling, interface segregation, writing clean code, etc
- Take a leading role in defining coding standards and code reviews to ensure a higher quality product
- Provide recommendations and assist in determining which projects to prioritise and make the trade-off between technical debt and new functionality.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline or relevant work experience.
- Experience delivering enterprise level, client-side web applications.
- Experience in utilizing Redux for state management.
- Experience in UI performance testing, application optimization for scalability and user experience.
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-platform design constraints.
- Experience with common patterns in distributed systems (REST, SOA, DDD).
- Experience delivering and owning micro services in a SaaS environment.
- Experience in measuring and improving performance of production systems.
- Experience of modern software development methodologies (Scrum/Kanban/Lean/XP).
- Experience in highly scalable, highly available platforms.
- Experience in Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery & Automation.
- Experience in scaling applications to user base.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Ten or more years of experience delivering enterprise level, client-side web applications.
- Mastery of the Angular framework and a solid track record of applying it to complex enterprise projects
- Excellent, proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent, collaboration, influence and leadership skills.
- Experience in using Webpack for bundling and building.
- Proficient understanding of Angular unit testing and end-to-end testing frameworks (Jasmine, Protractor).
- Proficient understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms (Sass, LESS).
- Proficient understanding of web application security issues and security be design principles.
- Familiarity with DevOps, Native Cloud (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS S3/Lambda/Gateway/CDN, Openshift).
- Experience in an AWS environment.
- Experience with iOS/Android mobile web application development.
- Experienced UI Solutions Architect to facilitate the UI architectural design and delivery of our Fleet Management product for Field Services.
- A deep understanding of UI architecture patterns, SaaS and micro-services. Experience with .NET, SQL Server and NoSQL within an AWS environment.
- Extensive experience in designing and building complex, large-scale SaaS products.