TV Solution Architect
- Job Ref: 2843
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
My client, leading telecommunications and information technology services provider, is looking for TV Solution Architect to hire on permanent role based in Dublin City Centre.
This role is for a Solution Architect to focus specifically on TV impacting projects and work requests. The Solution Architect will be responsible for the delivery of fit-for-purpose solutions in response to business requirements for company’s TV platforms.
- Ensure Group Technology architectures align with target architectures and is responsible for the architecture of the IPTV service platform
- Provide TV technology expertise and consultancy across Group Technology and the company
- Engage early in the technical assessment to better influence the project definitions so as to align with technical capability & Influence commercial decisions to ensure optimal alignment with technical capabilities
- Ensure the capacity of the key platforms is considered in solution designs in order to meet future demand and writes respective guidelines
- Assists in troubleshooting major outages/disturbances and participates in governance steering & post investment reviews (PIR’s) to ensure best practice & most cost-effective solution designs are the norm
- Analyses requirements and from the business, creates functional and technical designs & documentation
- Assists in implementation (by video solutions engineers) of these designs
- Maintains up to date documentation & design set for the platform.
- Creates RFPs for the IPTV service platform and advises to management based on the evaluation of the response(s)
- Be responsible for the CAPEX cost models for the design of IPTV service platform and services
- Works with the team of design engineers where it pertains to platform architecture and design discussions and decisions
- Work closely with strategic vendors, adopting a partnership approach and intelligently getting the best out of the vendors for company’s benefit.
- Adopt a commercial focus in vendor interactions to ensure that company achieves excellent value for money
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- Relevant 3rd level qualification (e.g. computer science, electrical engineering)
- 6+ years industry experience and expertise in IP networking, Unix systems
- 3+ years relevant design experience, ideally in IPTV
- Experience in Direct Broadcast Satellite, CATV a prerequisite and in particular traditional IPTV & OTT deployments highly desirable
- Knowledge and familiarity of listed solutions an advantage: Seachange Adrenalin middleware, Netgem STB, Agama QoE, Ericsson headend equipment, Broadpeak CDN.
- Ability to deliver to deadlines and technology architectural solutions within objective led parameters.
- Track record in implementing architectures or systems that have driven improvement in business performance
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills - logical and systematic approach to problem-solving
- Knowledgeable in major technical disciplines necessary for the end-to-end system design, analysis, integration, and testing of various digital video broadcast and delivery systems
- Deep understanding of set-top box hardware and software, middleware, conditional access, digital rights management, and encryption
- Extensive background in Internet related protocols and applications including TCP/IP, Radius, DNS, HTTP/SSL, HSS, RTSP & IGMP.
- Working knowledge of Linux (RedHat) and Microsoft (Server 2008/2012) operating systems
- Working programming and scripting knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Unix and networking
Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in Ireland.