Tier 3 Support Engineer
- Job Ref: 6403
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
The Senior Technical Support Engineer will act as the third level escalation engineer on our managed Services support desk. You are strongly skilled with Microsoft products such as Active Directory, Office365, Servers, Azure, Networks, Firewalls, Routers, WiFi, etc. You will have very strong troubleshooting skills and a proactive mindset. You will constantly evaluate our customers to improve and optimism their network and infrastructure through raised opportunities.
- Act as the escalation engineer for the support desk
- Take ownership of problem tickets.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the manage service team.
- Ensure the manage service team troubleshoot tickets to the best of their ability.
- Draft and distribute support related communications to appropriate stakeholders when required.
- You will track IT incidents and conducting trend analyses, conducting post-mortems after major incidents, and organizing the problem process and conduct root cause analysis.
- Actively accept and resolve assigned incidents.
- Engage with our partners when required to resolve incidents.
- Maintain documentation in Enclaves Knowledge base.
- Actively find ways to automate repetitive tasks helping to streamline ESA, ConnectWise & IT Glue
- Proactively cross train the manage service team, so support can be effectively provided during a team member’s absence.
- Excellent communication with both team members and customers, and influencing skills
- Strong organisation and leadership skills with a positive attitude when dealing with others
- Excellent customer service skills and truly enjoys helping customers
- Smart, good listener and logical thinker
- Positive work attitude and ethic
- Person who is comfortable working in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment
- Works well under pressure
Skills and Experience
- 3 to 5 years in a similar operational role in an IT company
- Experience working with progressive SME size customers.
- Have driven quality and customer service programs in the past
- Experience of working with IT vendors and managed services providers.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft (Windows Servers, Office365 and Active Directory)
- Experience in an enterprise hosted environment.
- Firewall Management
- Database Technologies
- Microsoft IIS experience
- TCP/IP - including switches, routers, general network topology, internet protocols.
- Experience of PowerShell scripting
- Experience supporting Active Directory, O365/Exchange, and Windows security
- Monitoring and Alerting solutions
- 3rd level qualification in Computer Science or related discipline
- Microsoft certifications