Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer
- Job Ref: 3340
- Location: Cork, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Position Summary: Tier 2 Support Engineer is responsible for providing high-quality technical support for customers worldwide. Ensuring customer satisfaction by troubleshooting and quickly resolving elevated technical concerns and questions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Monitor and respond to client inquiries and support incoming Tier 2 requests via phone or email
· Engage and assist Tier 1 team to improve customer satisfaction
· Support the company's products on customer’s systems remotely. Provide timely communication to clients in response to questions and/or reported issues.
· Assist field sales persons and partners with products related problems.
· Assist with the installation, configuration and upgrade of the products.
· Provide excellent customer service and professionalism to a wide range of customers
· Troubleshoot and fix issues related to the customer's environment
· Escalate to and work with higher tiers when required until the issue is resolved. Escalate reported issues in a timely fashion according to our documented escalation procedures.
· Follow standard processes and procedures.
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
· Ability to handle clients professionally during all interfaces
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor.
· Ability to multitask.
· Ability to work a flexible or rotating 24x7x365 schedule
· Sound judgment around complex issues
· Must have outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience.
· Experience with documenting procedures is preferred.
· Reacts quickly and adapts to changes in priorities, circumstances, and direction
· Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
· At least 3 years of experience as System administrator / Technical support (2nd tier) or similar
· Fluent English (written and verbal)
· Fluent in German \ French \ Spanish \ Italian – advantage
· Good interpersonal skills
Good knowledge in two or more of the following areas:
- Microsoft environments (AD, Exchange, Windows servers, etc)
- Networking (TCP / IP, routing, firewalls)
- Databases (MSSQL preferred)
- Web servers and applications
- Storage devices (NetApp, EMC)