- Job Ref: 5202
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Type: Permanent
As a Test Consultant you'll take a key role in the implementation, support and on-going improvement of our exciting and highly successful cloud-based automated testing application.
Your role will consist of:
- Working with global brands, Test Consultants solve testing problems through delivering Kainos’s Smart™ automation solution for our Customers’ Workday implementation.
- Test Consultants perform analysis of Customers’ Workday configuration, understand the specific domain (HCM, Financials, Payroll and Security) configuration that drives their business. Test Consultants are experts in the Kainos Smart™ product and apply their knowledge to understand where its functionality, benefits, and limitations apply to the Customer’s configuration.
- From initial discovery of the Customers’ specific configuration, the Test Consultant will define (and communication to the Customer for their consent) the scope of appropriate tests to be created, ensuring they are aligned with the Customers’ test strategy and provide value. The Test Consultant will utilize the test scope to design and build test packs in Kainos Smart™, achieving a balance of efficiency versus added value for the Customer.
- On completion of the build process, the Test Consultant will teach the Customers’ test users on the Kainos Smart™ functionality and transfer knowledge of what has been built, why it has been built and how to use it. When the deliverables are complete, the Test Consultants will transition Customers to our internal Customer Success teams.
- Outside of Customer engagements, Test Consultants will contribute to the continuous improvement of the Kainos Smart™ product by suggesting new features & functionality and liaising with development on the creation and testing of features, fixes etc.
- Commercial experience within a software development, business analysis or quality assurance/test consulting environment.
- Experience and appreciation of modern application development technologies, and agile working practices such as Scrum.
- Developed knowledge of the trends in information technology and quality assurance, especially ‘Cloud’ computing and SaaS concepts.
- Experience in the implementation of on-premise or cloud-based business applications such as CRM, ERP, BI or HCM.
- A computer science or related degree to at honours level.
- Sound communication skills including business writing and excellent spoken and written English
- A developed understanding of quality assurance / automated testing.
- Strong communication skills with an affable and credible persona, including formal presentations
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure, taking a balanced view of client demands and Kainos commercials
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Good team player with strong leadership, coaching and people management skills
- A positive “can do” attitude towards the commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing Kainos