- Job Ref: 4337
- Location: Dublin, United States
- Type: Contract
I am looking for an experienced Teradata DBA for a 2 months contract position with remote work for my client based in Dublin.
Some details about the role:
Provide DBA activities for upgrade of existing Teradata DWH platform, and support for current multi-terabyte, multi-application, mixed database environment of Teradata and SQL Server.
Your Key Tasks & Responsibilities will be:
- Participation in DBA activities for Teradata DWH V16 hardware and software upgrade
- Provide support for existing Teradata DWH V15 platform
- Analysing and tuning databases for performance and efficiency
- Work directly with Developers and Data Scientist to review database designs, index and queries
- Provide recommendations in relation to improvements on data base platforms
And is important that you have background in:
- 7+ years’ experience in a similar DBA role
- Essential to have Teradata V15/16, with Linux/Unix, DBA skillset
- Thorough understanding of database commands and utilities.
- Experience working with Disaster Recovery methods and capacity planning
- Experience with analyzing and tuning databases for performance and efficiency
- Retains a strong focus on delivering results to high standards despite constraints or setbacks; ensures delivery
- Seeks relevant information to diagnose problems; Takes effective decisions within the scope of own responsibility
- Excellent communications, organizing and troubleshooting skills
Contact me for more details if this is of interest to you and will be happy to give you more details about the project and my client!