- Job Ref: 5285
- Location: dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated technical writer with a proven record writing documentation and user manuals in a software or technical field.
In this role, you will work closely with our Software Engineering, Product Management and Solutions teams, and deliver customer-friendly documentation to support innovative cloud software products.
Additionally, you will develop and maintain training and learning materials that form part of our broader offering, beyond the software solution itself.
You will be responsible for producing a variety of documentation types including:
• Administration guides
• Installation and upgrade guides
• Online courses in Altify best practices
• Online help
• Release notes
• Technical reference documents
• Video tutorials
- You will become an expert in our products and our sales methodologies and serve as a technical product liaison to Marketing and other groups around the company.
- You will participate in and influence the design and development of Altify software, ensuring clarity, consistency and ease of use.
- You will participate in Engineering meetings to determine the impact of new production development on the existing collateral and to cost the work accordingly for inclusion in the overall release plan.
• 3+ years’ experience developing documentation in support of technology products, preferably in software development.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience of using content management tools to create documentation in multiple formats using Madcap Flare or similar.
• Experience of producing and editing videos using Camtasia or similar.
• Solid screen-capture and graphics-editing experience using SnagIt or similar.
• Desirable skills include: knowledge of HTML and CSS, Microsoft Office, and experience of managing website domains.
The ideal candidate will have a worked as a Technical Writer for an online / SaaS software provider, ideally with some exposure to Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.