Technical Service Desk Manager
- Job Ref: 2784
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
My client, leading telecommunications and information technology services provider, is looking for Technical Service Desk Manager to hire on permanent role based in West Dublin.
• Understand and manage the key performance indicators of the team.
• Motivate and coach team colleagues.
• To understand the regulatory, fair trading and competition rules sufficiently to be able to comply with them relying on their own knowledge or their ability to recognise when they will need specialist support.
• Liaise with internal and external teams and vendors in relation to project and integration requirements.
• Work to continuously improve the service that we supply to our clients both from an internal and external perspective – for example, take learning’s from the service we provide and identify improvements that are communicated to the relevant people within company – work to get these improvements adopted and executed to the client's benefit
• Develop a suite of reports that reflect a customer centric organisation
• Support organisational processes to industry standards e.g. ITIL, ISO20,000 etc.
• Manage Major Incidents on behalf of company chairing “war room” sessions and updating all stakeholders on progress and resolution of P1 and P0 incidents.
• Build relationships and processes with relevant internal functions to support an overall integrated support function for the customer as well as external 3rd parties where relevant
• To maximise personal contribution to the company management team:
a. Contribute to the teamwork:
- Support other team members in the achievement of their key objectives
- Actively mentor middle managers on issues of strategy and performance
b. Act as a role model and ambassador for our values
c. Personally, contribute to the communication of direction and performance in the business at all levels
d. Promote knowledge sharing on key issues
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- ITIL Version 3 desirable
- Experience - Min 5 years industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years people management experience.
- Industry Background – Comms/ICT
- Knowledge of Operational activities
- Knowledge of Fixed Line Telecoms technology and infrastructure
- Knowledge of Business core ICT solutions portfolio
- Operational management experience
Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in Ireland.