Technical Product Manager (Hardware)
- Job Ref: 4858
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
This is a highly visible role as a Technical Product Manager / Product Owner within the hardware product team and will require you to bring a love for complex IOT systems, highly technical information, and leadership capabilities to clearly define the next generation of devices. You will influence your cross-functional teams and stakeholders to chart a new path for our intelligent device’s ecosystem for our global markets
- Manage Product Execution through Lean or Agile Development.
- Manage product development lifecycle, prioritize feature development, create execution plans and identify development teams to execute the hardware & devices roadmap.
- Work with the Product Managers, Product Marketing and UX teams as well as research teams to understand customer and market needs. Synthesize customer insights from data.
- Use lean approaches to experiment quickly with an aim to find product-market fit.
- Employ design thinking approaches to identify & solve truly valuable customer problems.
- Partner with UX teams to create compelling experience strategies. Participate and lead user experience interviews and testing to gather continuous customer insights.
- Define product requirements – writing and prioritizing use cases- Write Agile-based stories that conform to best practices including acceptance criteria, positive and negative paths, etc.
- Incorporate feedback & input from customers, partners and teams on product requirements.
- Work with stakeholders to actively and effectively plan work for Development and QA which balances urgent customer needs and strategic roadmap priorities.
Go to Market & Assess Market performance
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule. Gather customer feedback, run advisory session, UAT sessions and measure/manage NPS post launch.
- Partner with marketing, sales, and operations on defining & flawless execution of GTM plans.
- Quickly root cause product issues and manage customer/ exec expectations. Synthesize your own analysis and succinct recommendations for a path forward.
- Support to Implementation, Customer & App Support teams post launch stabilization activities.
- Lead product documentation during the Go-to-Market process for new features.
- Operates in a highly matrixed, globally distributed organization.
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Clearly & effectively communicate the roadmaps, product plans, and availability to internal stakeholder teams to ensure alignment and cross-group readiness.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree or Master’s degree in engineering w/ high technical aptitude. Areas such as Industrial, Systems, Mechanical, and technology discipline. MBA/MIS/Business degree.
- Five or more years of experience as Product Owner/Business Analyst in a technical environment creating superior user experiences for hardware and software products.
- Experience operating in an agile & lean / kanban product dev environment, comfortable interacting with both hardware and software development processes.
- Experience in managing and building consumer electronics hardware or devices.
- Experience managing or architecting hardware systems, IoT / industrial devices.
- Knowledge of modern software development technologies and languages.
- Experience performing data queries in Database, validate data quality and help steer API specification definition. Hands on experience of SQL, JSON and/or XML.
- Self-directed and collaborative & cultivate relationships with teams & partners.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience working with cross functional teams and exposure to working with UX teams.
Experience working on projects involving system integration or with a focus on optimizing technical solution architecture.