Technical Operations Engineer (Microsoft Azure)
- Job Ref: 2654
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
My Client is looking for an experienced, self-motivated Technical Operations Engineer to join their team in Dublin City Centre. The work environment is flexible, highly technical and rewarding.
This is a great opportunity to bring your knowledge and experience to a growing organization and leave a footprint that will help shape Company’s future! We have an exciting product roadmap and a who's who of household-name clients already signed up and using the service in 41 markets. We are looking to scale our Technology team with the best people in the world so we can continue to build cool products that our clients can't live without.
We’re hugely ambitious, tirelessly hard-working and we always go beyond the call of duty to ensure we’re the best. We're a young company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with great traction, a cool product suite and very ambitious plans. We were awarded this prestigious status due not only to our cutting edge technology, but our innovative roadmap and vision for where eCommerce is going and how we're leading the way.
- 5+ years commercial experience in technical operations/system administration.
- 2+ years of this in a 24*7*365 Microsoft Azure environment.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Proven ability to trouble shoot complex issues under pressure, in a calm and systematic way.
- Strong on premise Windows server, domain and PC administration experience.
- Strong understanding of OSI network layers and hands on-network administration experience.
- Proven experience with some (preferably all) of the following Azure resources:
- App Services, Application Insights, Cloud services, Data factories, Classic VMs, SQL Azure, Network Interfaces, Network Security Groups, Virtual networks, Redis, Storage accounts, Web Apps
- Proven experience with some (preferably all) of the following:
- AD, Office 365, SQL Server, IIS, AV, Sharepoint
- Cisco FWs, VMWare
- Excellent knowledge of cloud monitoring, alerting & cost management solutions for Azure/cloud environments.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and manage a wide array of cloud resources in Microsoft’s Azure environment.
- Provide excellent visibility on Azure costs and contribute to budget and capacity planning exercises.
- Plan and execute change in a very structured & controlled way minimizing impact on customers.
- Manage internal ICT activities for the Dublin office – e.g. network admin, new user set ups, installs & upgrades.
- Plan all back up, security and DR activities, write policies and ensure they are followed.
- Drive improvement in all tech. operations activities so that we exceed our customer’s SLAs and expectations.
- Be the go to person in the team for detailed information on Azure resources and their roadmap.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in Ireland