Technical Implementation Consultant - New York
- Job Ref: 2724
- Location: New York, United States
- Type: Permanent
My client, large retail group on US, UK and Irish market, is looking to hire Technical Project Manager for permanent job based in New York. We are looking for experienced professional with retail / pre-sales background which was working previously with AWS and Linux.
Purpose of the role:
Involvement will be with clients at all stages of the engagement cycle but with a particular focus on ensuring that we execute and continue to develop successful client projects from business, functional and technical perspectives.
This role is one of the first appointments in Implementation Services, a new and key department, within Company, that we expect to grow into a global group working on initiatives as and where required for maximum impact. As such, the role is likely to evolve and present new opportunities for advancement and experience.
This role will require travel across North America with some potential for European travel too.
The Technical Project Manager plays a central role in our business through:
- Working with the market development teams to help qualify sales opportunities from a technical perspective
- Liaising with internal and external technical and activation resources to architect a viable technical solution
- Technical project management for client projects in support of market development, activation team and account managers
- Technical liaison between client facing teams and engineering/development
- Liaison with technical and solutions partners to effect integrations and other required activity
- Assist with technical pre-sales and technical training (focused on integration)
- Special projects as determined by CEO and/or COO
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explain technical aspects of the platform and liaise with internal and external technical and solutions teams to establish integration and solution architecture needs
- Work with market development teams pre-sale including RFI/RFP response, proof-of-concept preparation, application demonstrations, and presentation of Company’s solutions to prospective clients
- Create and deliver initial high level technical presentations to customers, at all levels within their organization.
- Assist with the initial evaluation and technical qualification of each customer opportunity.
- Capture, define technical requirement and manage projects, especially in terms of solutions architecture and integration
- Travel to client locations to setup lab & store pilot installations.
- Work with clients to hep troubleshoot any integration issues they may have, in conjunction with client support teams
- By liaising with the relevant internal teams, maintain technical competency by keeping abreast of new product enhancements and roadmaps, and the impact of these on customer requirements.
Required Knowledge / Experience:
- Solid experience in a technical consulting, pre-sales or project management role, ideally focused on technology solutions targeting the retail sector.
- A strong understanding of retail customer applications.
- Strong technical knowledge of discovery technologies (such as Wi-Fi) and networks
- Good understanding of software API integration.
- Experience with AWS and/or comparable cloud computing platforms
- Experience with POS and payment systems is a plus
- Able to understand and explain business and technical issues related to a customer’s proposed solution.
- Ability to collaboratively work with other team members to achieve desired goals and objectives both internal and external.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Natural ability to communicate complex information to non-technical individuals.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in United States of America.
Interested in this great project? Contact with Aneta on [email protected]