Systems Engineer (Linux)
- Job Ref: 2770
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
A leading company in their sector based in Dublin City Centre is looking to hire experienced Systems Engineer. You will be in charge of the maintenance and design of our EU Data Center as well as of the Corporate branches architectures. Hands-on experience on Data Center and Cloud environments is a must.
- Fine tune performance and troubleshooting infrastructure ensuring that systems and data are operational 24x7x365.
- Design, implement and manage storage/software systems.
- Hardware installation.
- Solve technical problems under pressure.
- Design, manage and troubleshoot Virtualization infrastructure.
- Provide accurate effort-estimates for deliverables.
- Collaborate to complex deployments and support inter team solutions.
- Contribute to the hiring process.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of Linux at enterprise level environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Networking.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience on Storage and SAN.
- Automation and scripting skills: Bash, Python.
- Knowledge of backup systems (Amanda/Zmanda is a plus).
- Monitoring tools (Zabbix, Nagios…)
- Experience in Cloud computing and IaaS (AWS, Azure).
- A strong customer focus, able to work under pressure, outside the box thinking, friendly and open team player.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication. Another European language a plus (Dutch, German, Danish, French).
Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in Ireland.