Systems Engineer Galway
- Job Ref: 4598
- Location: Galway, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Standard 40 with once monthly weekend on-call responsibility
My team provides real-time data technology solutions for stock market quoting, charting, and news access throughout the entire company enterprise. OurTriple-A rated services are essential to our core businesses, facilitating the data demands of fund managers and retail customers alike.
- position itself requires a strong background in supporting applications and their underlying systems, with an understanding of full application release lifecycle management (DEV/Ops). Familiarity of cloud computing is a bonus. You should enjoy working on eclectic technologies in a team environment where your success depends heavily on the success of your team and organization. You should have an appetite and appreciation for new technologies and their disruptive influence.
This is a very interesting position with exposure to the core business financial business applications, comprised of both custom and 3rd party products.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Third Level Qualification in IT or related field
- Two or more year’s experience in a joint support and system improvement development related role (SRE)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience with client/server applications
- Experience of supporting distributed UNIX environments
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- You will part of a globally distributed team of engineers (Ireland, Indian and US based), operating a follow-the-sun support model.
The Skills You Bring
- Linux experience
- Customer incident communication and resolution
- Experience with shell scripts and/or PERL/Python scripting
- Strong desire to innovate and improve support function
- SQL and/or Relational Database experience
- Network topology understanding
- Knowledge of working in an Agile Environment
- Knowledge of collaboration tools such as Confluence/JIRA
- Dashboard value creation (via splunk/tableau tools etc)
- Knowledge of application release cycles
- Awareness of both current and emerging technologies
- Experience of supporting cloud based applications a bonus