- Job Ref: 3809
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Here's a small flavor of the technology you will be working with.
- Windows Server, Windows Remote Desktop Services, Active Directory, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Servers
- Check Point Firewalls, FortigateIPS appliances, f5 BIG-IP Appliances, Cisco Nexus Switches, Dell Force10 Switches
- VMware 5.5 & 6.5, Veeam Backup and Replication
- Dell EqualLogic, Dell/EMC San's and Data Domain appliances
About your role:
- Your new role sits in our experienced systems engineering team. This is a production systems role, supporting all production environments (that in turn support millions of end users) with an equal focus on Windows, Networking and VMware.
- It’s a great opportunity to work with an experienced multidisciplinary team in a technically varied role, offering a mix of planning, maintenance and support of production systems, as well as hands on involvement in several systems projects.
Responsibilities, Skills & Qualifications
Here's just some of what you will be doing:
- Supporting our software engineering teams and developing infrastructure solutions to meet their requirements.
- Provide 2nd & 3rd level support for Windows Remote Desktop Services (RemoteApp).
- Windows Server Administration & maintenance.
- Managing and monitoring of production backups and DR replication along with assisting teams with DR testing.
- Day to day operation, management and monitoring of
- Check Point firewalls appliances and FortigateIPS solution,
- f5 BIG-IP load balancers,
- Cisco Nexus and Dell Force10 switches,
- VMware solutions.
- Involvement in project work – for example;
- Assist with our production data center migration.
- Working with public private clouds integrations
- Working with the security team on various initiatives.
On Call/ Travel
- In this role there will be a paid, on-call structure, rotating roughly every 4/5 weeks.
- There may also be an occasional travel to facilitate project work, or the requirement for occasional Saturday work to support major releases for which there is an established TIL structure.
Skills and Experience
- Experience implementing and managing highly available, on-line infrastructure services in an enterprise environment (Ideally SaaS).
- Strong experience in support and administration of Windows Server/Windows Domain Administration – essential.
- Demonstrated proficiency in;
- Configuration and operation of VMware vSphere – essential.
- Configuration and operation of an enterprise backup solution (Veeamor similar).
- Experience managing and maintaining a multi-site Check Point firewall deployment.
- Strong knowledge and experience with datacenter networking – essential (CCNP or equivalent a plus).
- Hands-on experience of web load balancers, f5 BIG-IP LTM, Citrix Netscaler
- Some experience of Linux systems and applications (RHEL).
- Some experience or familiarity working with AWS.
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical problem resolution skills.