Systems and Network Administrator
- Job Ref: 2577
- Location: Brussels, Belgium
- Type: Permanent
My Client, successful bridge between finance and telecommunication service providers, is looking to hire Systems and Network Administrator for permanent role based in Grenoble (good level of French language is a must) or Brussel (French language is an advantage).
You will be responsible for effective creation, installation and configuration, operation, and maintenance of network elements and systems for Company’s service, deployed as a software as a service in a virtual data centre. You will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure, at all levels excepting the application itself – from network design to system administration, VM deployments and monitoring tools. You will ensure that operating systems and network, software systems, and related procedures adhere to our security policies and organizational values.
Required Technical knowledge:
- VMware server-side virtualization solutions.
- Linux system administration, in particular RedHat and/or Ubuntu Server.
- Apache, Nginx, HAProxy configuration.
- High-availability methods and software (Keepalived, etc.).
- IPv4 routing and configuration (including traffic shaping), VPNs (IPSec, OpenVPN…).
- Network security (design, tools).
- Configuration management (Puppet…).
- Log management and tools (ELK stack…).
- Centralized authentication management (FreeIPA, Kerberos…).
- Network monitoring.
- Security tools (IPS, IDS…).
- Scripting (preferably Python).
- Knowledge in Oracle database administration, Solaris administration, WebLogic administrator will be greatly appreciated.
- Basic Windows administration.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- System Administration, Operating Systems (including VMware), Architecture Skills, Software Performance Tuning, Networking Knowledge, Software Requirements.
- Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study, Technical.
- Leadership – Leadership is demonstrated by your actions and examples.
- Ability to work and interact effectively in a multi-cultural team.
- Spoken and written technical English is mandatory.
- Innovative – Suggest new technologies and/or methods to improve our service and daily jobs.
- Work management – Plan and manage your work efficiently.
- Teamwork – A good team works as one – locally, globally.
- Positive attitude – Positive attitude produces positive results; enjoy what you do.
- Customer focus.
- Establishes systems and network specifications by conferring with the Company’s architect and operation team, analysing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes systems by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of the VM, software, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, good put, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains systems performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system software and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to the Infrastructure as a Service provider.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to the IaaS provider.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Secures systems by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Upgrades system and network by conferring with Company’s operation team, network administrator and architect; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Takes part in the periodic on call duties night and weekends.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in Belgium or France