Systems Administrator - Cork (contract)
- Job Ref: 2707
- Location: Cork, Ireland
- Type: Contract
My Client, Managed Services company operating on Irish – UK – US market, is looking for Systems Administrator for 3 - 6 months’ contract (with possibility to extend) based onsite in Cork.
Purpose of Role:
In this Systems Administrator position you will be responsible for continuous operation and support of internal network and computer systems; managing all technology hardware, software, servers, and networks to ensure availability of all systems on a day-to-day basis. The Systems Administrator will be performing general network maintenance support and system administration tasks; new PC hardware and software installations.
You will gain experience across multiple platforms including various Windows desktop and server operating systems, Microsoft applications and server backup solutions. This position is ideal for someone with 1 - 2 years’ experience in as a technical engineer.
Required Skills and interests:
- An ability to assess each user IT knowledge levels
- Being able to work under pressure
- An ability to think logically
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills
- Good accurate records keeping
- Willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment
Desired previous experience:
- Active Directory
- Desktop Support - supporting, troubleshooting
- Desktop & Remote Admin - Administering
- Email Management - Setting up users, distribution lists etc.
- AD – Windows Server 2008 - Administering, understanding of group policy etc.
- Backups - Monitoring backups, daily checks etc.
- Anti-Virus - Monitoring, Deploying, Troubleshooting
- Network Support - Patching, understanding of VLAN
- Hardware Support - PC & Printing, Hardware Support
Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in Ireland