- Job Ref: 4741
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
As a member of the IT Infrastructure and Operations team, the IT Systems Administrator is responsible for assisting in the maintenance, monitoring and support of the IT infrastructure and operations services. These services mainly relate to capacity planning, maintenance and support of IT server systems but also relate to the selection, procurement, implementation and integration of software and hardware solutions. A key additional aspect of the role is assisting the delivery of IT infrastructure resilience, service continuity and disaster recovery services.
- Daily maintenance, monitoring and support of the IT server and systems infrastructure.
- Research, procure, install, configure and maintain new and existing systems
- Assist with the implementation of new/upgraded systems.
- Provide level 3 support for the IT Service Desk
- Perform advanced systems operational tasks
- Procurement of IT hardware, services and software
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures in line with industry trends
- Co-ordination and liaison with all other IT staff / areas
- Participate in scheduled out of hours activity.
- Contribute to the overall performance of the IT Infrastructure and Operations team.
· Third level qualification in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of Citrix XenApp 7.x and VMware 6.x
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Server and Workstation Operating Systems (Server 2008/2012/2016, Microsoft Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office 365) with knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016.
- Knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Knowledge of VMware Horizon View VDI
- Strong networking and TCP/IP skills
- Knowledge of technologies supporting Enterprise Backup (CommVault), Symantec Enterprise Vault and Storage Area Networks (Dell EMC VxRail, Dell EqualLogic)
- Knowledge of scripting technologies, including PowerShell
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
Familiarity or qualifications in the following areas would be a distinct advantage:
- VDI Packaging
- SWIFT Payments System
- Financial application systems
- Unix/Linux Operating System Administration
- VMware Horizon View VDI
- Microsoft Licensing
- Project management methodologies
- Public sector procurement
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role with 10 years’ experience in IT.
- Communication skills (written / verbal)
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Team working skills
- Prioritising skills