My client is looking for a System Administrator to join its IT infrastructure team. The ideal candidate will have experience deploying / maintaining modern highly available infrastructures, and preferably also have DevOps exposure.
The ideal candidate should have a good working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Windows server 2012/2016
- Internet Information Services
- Active Directory
- VMware vSphere 6
- Fortigate firewalls
- Cisco Networking
- Azure deployment
- Build and deploy Windows server 2016 VM’s
- Configure, Deploy and troubleshoot web applications in house
- Work with teams to provision new projects using Azure
- Assist multiple developments teams with design and implementation of cloud solutions
- Assist with implementing automated build and deployment systems using TFS or VSTS
- Work with and learn about the latest technology involved in building highly available, serverless Azure services using best cloud practice
- Collaborate with IT team on delivery of comprehensive infrastructure solutions
- Work with global IT team to manage Active Directory
- Conduct periodic system maintenance including updating/patching
- Develop, document and maintain installation, provisioning, security and configuration procedures
- Analysing impact of operating systems updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Analysing system logs and identifying potential issues with our IT Systems.
- Investigate and troubleshoot hardware, software, and networking issues and failures.
- Oversee the documenting the configuration of the system.
- Manage the deployments of software releases across multiple environments.
- Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 & 7
- Requires at least 5 years relevant experience.
- Requires a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work with a range of people, from developers to business users, so good communication skills are essential.
- Occasional out of hours support for upgrades and deployment work.
- Excellent oral and written English.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Recent training and certification in the use of Microsoft, VMware, Cisco and cloud technologies would be considered advantageous.
Exposure and a working knowledge of the following technologies would be ideal to help the candidate grow the role over time.
- Lenovo System X series server hardware
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle database server and client installation
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Microsoft BizTalk server
- TrackIT help desk
- VoIP telephony
- RHEL / Linux
- Power BI
- SAML experience