- Job Ref: 5381
- Location: Cork, Ireland
- Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 9 Months
We are seeking an experienced Substation Engineer to work on Transmission and Distribution Substation projects. They will involve the production of designs for transmission and distribution substations.
- To produce electrical substation designs.
- Good understanding of project management principals and update MS project programmes.
- Manage and coordinate inputs from a range of engineering disciplines and key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong work ethic with a clear focus on delivering results within a tight frame period while ensuring safety of project is not impacted as well as the quality.
- Flexible approach to work, especially where necessary to deliver excellent customer service.
- As-built records.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience -Essential
- Minimum of five years experience in design of transmission and distribution substations.
- Track record in delivering substation engineering projects.
- Knowledge of Eplan 5 and Eplan P8 design software.
- Experience In Control and Protection Systems.
- Experience in Auxillary Power systems (AC/DC).
- Experience in a wide range of design including transmission and distribution substations, examples being; (38 kV, 110 kV and 220 kV substation design).
3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering or another Engineering discipline.