SQL Server Developer - Leading Consultancy
- Job Ref: 4891
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
The BI/Data Warehouse Developer role requires someone with good knowledge of SQL Server, excellent SQL and T-SQL, knowledge of Microsoft BI and Reporting tools (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, PowerBI) and Data Warehouses/Analytics more generally. You should be proactive and interested in our business so can identify ways in which analytics can help key business users. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to learn and grow into a senior role.
The BI Developer will also be responsible for:
- A range of engagements such as new implementations, support, version upgrades, new module implementation, health-checks and enhancement of existing systems.
- Gathering and analysing data requirements
- Create new ETL procedures and amend existing ones
- Design and develop SSRS and Power BI visualisations, dashboards, reports as per business needs,
- Ensure effective interactive dashboards for visual analytics (content, functionality, performance, presentation)
- Designing efficient SSAS data models from multiple data sources,
- Deploy dashboards/reports to production
- Create and maintain documentation for developed reports.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft database development. This should include strong TSQL writing skills,
- Ability to use complex expressions to calculate, group, filter, parameterize, optimize and format custom dashboards/reports
- Must have good experience translating business requirements and design into technical solutions
- Experience with manual testing to include user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Ability to multi-task across concurrent projects may be required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and teamwork
- Ideally you will have 2+ years of hands-on experience with Microsoft BI tools (Reporting Services, Analysis Services, PowerBI),
- Microsoft BI Certification
- Oracle database and PL/SQL