Solutions Architect (Bristol, UK)
- Job Ref: 4037
- Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
- Type: Permanent
OverviewAre you a Solution Architect looking for a permanent role? Our client, an international assurance company is hiring. You will work on multiple initiatives including the Single Customer View initiative and designing technical solutions across the organisation.
You will work with other Solution Architects and Business Analyst and you will be reporting into the Strategy Architect. You will be responsible for developing technical solutions that will aid the business and will help achieve the organisation's strategy.
You will need to bring extensive experience in the Insurance industry and a variety of technical environments such as: Microsoft, AIX, Mainframe, Azure.
We are looking for a candidate who possess deep knowledge of all aspects of the enabling technology associated with the business domain. Maintain a view of its value to the organisation, both current and future.
The main duties are:
- Working collaboratively with the Business Analyst aligned with the domain and the business areas that fall within the domain
- Developing an appreciation for the needs and goals of the business areas in context with the overarching business goals
- Working with the Strategy Architect, establish and maintain a vision and road map for the technology, that underpins the business domain, that is pragmatic and delivers tangible value to the company
- Maintaining key artifacts that document the domain’s technology solutions working with Service part of the IT function to align with vitality work
- Sharing lessons and improvements made with other SAs to improve overall skill and value of the SAs and the Design team
- Designing new or updated solutions to meet business needs
- Ensuring solutions are engineered for business value
- Collaborating with build and infrastructure teams to shape design and ensure delivery achieves its objectives
- Working with the Software Integration Architect, design an appropriate level of flexibility within the domain and between domains to facilitate rapid delivery of change and to limit the impact scope of any single change into manageable chunks
- Good knowledge of standard architectural practices, modelling approaches, architecture (especially application) patterns and architectural tools
- A reasonable grasp of business motivational and process modelling
- Application focused technical background; good understanding of supporting infrastructures
- Knowledge of cloud, especially Azure, and automation technologies
- Pragmatic and commercially driven mindset
- Learning and inquiring mindset