- Job Ref: 5870
- Location: Potters Bar, United Kingdom
- Type: Fixed-Term
OverviewThe Senior Solution Architect (SA) will be responsible for leading and delivering the definition and description of IT solutions and ensuring validation of these solution architectures.
Taking an overall view of all aspects of the solution works with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders, creating a solution that addresses requirements, complies with standards and conventions, regulation, security, non-functional needs, understanding as-is and to-be, solving problems and developing decisions where trade-offs are required.
The SA supports and coaches other architects and engineers and takes leadership of complex solution work, taking the team on the solution journey supported by architecture and delivery methods. Takes ownership of architecture domains and technologies.
What you will do
- Design solutions in a technology environment
- Develops solution views such as current and target state, business, application, information and technology view
- Negotiates and navigate with stakeholders on the flexible facets of the solution
- Leads and facilitates selections and architecture decisions
- Can be consulted by others to get an understanding of the solution
- Embraces re-use, principles and patterns
Support the delivery lifecycle
- Provide architecture support in preparation of projects
- Work to several SDLC methods, waterfall, incremental, agile
- Ensures that operational requirements, based on the engineering of systems considerations (usability, reliability, availability, adaptability, manageability, maintainability, performance and security), are met to the extent required by the current and projected business need
- Fine tunes models and designs to account for technical realities that are revealed during implementation
- Supports transition to service
- Guide and coach other architects and engineers
- Influence stakeholders
- Take leadership in collaborative problem solving
- Establish a trusted adviser relationship with the business
- Communicate the solution to stakeholders at all levels
- Supports the development of the architecture method and continuum
Who you are
- Track record in delivering complex, enterprise solutions
- Capable of making and guiding effective decisions, explaining clearly how the decision has been reached.
- The ability to understand and technical disputes across varying levels of complexity and risk.
- The ability to work with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into technical designs.
- The ability to look beyond the immediate technical problem and identify the wider implications.
- Understands technical governance and is able to participate in or deliver the assurance of a service.
- Capable of producing strategy for technology that meets business needs. Able to create, refine and challenge patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps and vision statements. Proactively setting strategy.
- Proficiency in both on-premise and cloud native technologies and solutions
- Proficient with enterprise integration patterns and micro service architectures
- Familiar with technologies such as API Management, Service Bus, Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and Cloudera, Cosmos DB, SQL Server, Oracle, Power BI, Qlik
- Experienced with implementations leveraging CI/CD, DevOps, Blue/Green A/B, Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with methods and standards such as TOGAF, BPMN
- Experience with recent IT topics such as Automation, Machine Learning, Digital