- Job Ref: 3989
- Location: dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Your next challenge
Reporting to the Business Direct Channels Head of Engineering this Solution Architect will be take a lead role on the design and delivery of the strategic Business Banking Channel Platform for AIB.
The Business Banking Channel Platform is AIB’s cross jurisdictional internet based cash management application and supports a range of business customers from single-person operations to multinational corporations. This is a core strategic platform for AIB and a critical channel for the bank in meeting the payments and information requirements of its business customers.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Take a Lead role on the design and implementation of AIB’s Business Direct Channels Platform.
- Lead, drive and deliver long-term strategic and transformational change as part of the Business Direct Channels Programme
- Engage with key senior stakeholders throughout the organisation to ensure the solution meets business current and future demand and enable AIB’s differentiation and position as lead domestic pillar bank against their competitors while adhering to AIB’s technology digital strategy and architecture.
- Take a lead role in ensuring the adaption and implementation of agile oriented architecture and delivery methodologies.
This role will have a people leadership aspect to where the ideal candidate will
- Lead an Agile Team from a Technical Perspective.
- Coach and Mentor more junior team members.
- Adapt and implement Agile orientated architecture and delivery methodologies.
Minimum Criteria for this Role:
- Minimum 10 years Java/JEE development experience
- At least 4 of which has been in a design lead role preferably in a Financial Services environment.
- Experience in OO Design
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying common design patterns.
- Ability to communicate effectively using UML
- Ability to write technical documents to a high standard.
- Experience of using an IDE such as Eclipse.
- Experience of the following technologies a must
- Web Services SOAP/XML/REST
- Persistence JDBC/ ORM / Databases
- Application Servers such as WebSphere/JBOSS and Tomcat
- Experience of the following technologies an advantage
- Micro Services and associated patterns
- API Gateways
- Event Bus technologies
- Competence in designing and executing unit & integration tests.
- Experience with Selenium and Cucumber
Competencies Associated with the Role
- Communication & Influencing - ability to communicate technical issues and strategy to both technical and non-technical audiences at senior levels within the bank.
- Problem solving and decision making – Deals with complex issues, develops solutions to remove barriers and uses judgment to make sound and dependable decisions
- Customer Relationship – seeks out opportunities to create additional value for the customer and AIB and relentlessly delivers extraordinary service
- Teamwork and Collaboration - Creates the team environment, encourages collaboration and partnership.
- Technical competency – Experienced change/project/process management and technical experience with the ability to clearly demonstrate how technology solutions can enable and support business strategy