Software Engineer/ Technical Support
- Job Ref: 2564
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Permanent
Have you ever helped someone? Have you ever faced a challenge that caught you and could not stop until you deciphered it? Then you may be the engineer we are looking for.
This position is meant for candidates seeking for a technical career with large opportunities for professional and personal development. We do believe in a very high-quality support service, provided by highly technically skilled professionals (working as a true team) with capabilities to deliver fast responses to new challenges. Would you like to join us in Madrid, Spain?
In this role, you will...
Respond to a wide variety of technical issues reported by customers, replicating installations and configuring the products used. Requires written and spoken technical skills, logical thinking, precision, strong problem-solving skills and effective time management.
Research issues, considering all involved elements (OS, JVM, network, AS, DB, code) looking for the root cause in collaboration with the rest of the support team. Requires the ability to test issues in a wide variety of scenarios and configuration environments and creating the right solutions.
The following additional responsibilities will depend on the capabilities and interests of the candidate, and would be agreed together with him/her:
- Consulting activities for large projects, involving specialized analysis, performance testing, or code audit.
- Participating in our official trainings.
- Creating and improving tools, used by customers and support engineers.
- Helping to improve the product, suggesting functionalities and features based on customer usage of the product.
- Mentoring and training developers and support engineers.
- Participating in events and conferences.
- Managing customer relationships.
- Managing processes.
- The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- An Engineering Degree (IT or Telecommunications) from a four-year university program.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Experience with J2EE ecosystem, specially related to systems administration (OS, JVM, AS, DB)
- Proactivity, learning skills and passionate about new challenges and their solutions.
- Motivated for continuous learning. Ongoing training will be provided and facilitated by us.
- Good communication skills.
- Team building skills.
- Ability to work both within a team and independently.
- Experience with OSGi.
Any of the following characteristics will be positively considered:
- Experience developing with J2EE (Servlets, JSPs, Struts, Hibernate, Spring ...).
- Experience developing with Liferay technology (portlets, themes, ext plugins).
- Experience with portals, collaboration, and content management software.
- Exposure to other web technologies: Flex, PHP, RoR, Django..
- Participation in other open source projects.
- Teaching skills.
- Experience in customer relationships management.
Awesome, but what do you offer me?
- Salary package according to qualification and experience.
- A nice office, with healthy food in the kitchen (tons of fruit, coffee, tea, cookies, etc.) and nice and very skilled people willing to help you (any time).
- Fast and powerful laptop with an external 24' monitor.
- Opportunity to take responsibility and grow professionally.
- Ability to work in an international context.
- Working at a successful company with strong growth.
- Health insurance for you and your family.
Working with us is an opportunity to participate in a challenging and constantly expanding project within an international environment that offers the possibility of developing a personal career according to your capabilities and preferences as part of our team.
We look forward to hearing from you!