- Job Ref: 3390
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Permanent
Software Engineer (backend experience)
The financial industry has not evolved much over the last centuries and whilst the world is becoming increasingly global, trading has only changed letters to emails and skype, hardly enough.
Our client’s team is very driven and works tenaciously to build a modern and unique communication service for B2B transactions.
The team of engineers you would join is a small cross-skill team composed of experienced tech and product people (average 10+ years). They already have a well-established product creation processes based on design sprint and lean-agile (xp, short iterations, continuous integration & delivery, continuous improvement through retrospectives and kaizen boards).
What you get joining us
Our client is developing a tool with the aim of ease b2b transactions. There are great technical challenges in terms of scalability, reliability, security, You can have a great impact solving that challenges from the our early stage.
You will work in a experienced tech team which uses XP techniques and think about clean code. A small, highly international, English-speaking environment.
Be part of a user-centric company where product and technology work together to build the best service and get paid a competitive base salary.
Our hiring process
We want the best people for the team, so the hiring process will have 4 steps. All these steps will be done in a short time, and you will receive feedback of each one.
A Developer who:
- has at least four years of experience on two companies
- has analytical midset: think before code
- is curious and capable of learning new things
- is willing to work and collaborate with product people in the same area
- is a team player. XP techniques experience is a plus.
- is not tied exclusively to a framework.
- Candidates can be based anywhere. If remote, it’s good to have experience at remote working.
Some of the tech skills we are looking for:
- Strong knowledge of computer engineering. Doesn’t matter if you are selftaught but you have to deeply know CS.
- Experience on modern dynamic languages like python or ruby. Additional experience with typed languages like golang or c/c++ can be interesting.
- Frontend ecosystem is very fragmented and moves very fast. It’s very important to have ecosystem knowledge (state of the art in js).
- Experience designing distributed systems with topics like: architecture, concurrency, queue systems, profiling…
- We love testing and know the value they add to our product. We hope you have strong knowledge and experience in unit&functional testing. TDD experience is a plus.
- Experience designing and implementing APIs with REST or other approaches (like gRPC).
- Knowledge and experience with transactional and non-transactional databases (documental, columnar).
- Interest on some other discipline like infrastucture&ops, frontend, backend or data.
- If you want do CSS it’s great!! Otherwise we can split CSS-dev in another position.