- Job Ref: 1766
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Job Title: Engineer
Reports To: Edward Gahan
Purpose: To assist in all arrears of creating and modifying software by converting project requirements into code to ensure smooth daily operation of R&D department within a fast growing dynamic Software as a Service (SaaS) company.
- Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and customer.
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing technical solution document using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Encodes project requirements by converting solution into computer language.
- Programs the computer by entering coded information.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Responsibilities may alter from time to time to assisting with other ad-hoc activities.
Execute any specific project assigned by the C.T.O. and/or C.E.O.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
General Programming Skills,
Software Algorithm Design,
Software Performance Tuning,
Software Development Fundamentals,
Attention to Detail,
Communication skills / good written and verbal communications skills.
Fluent in English - both written and oral.
Ability to forge strong working relationships with culturally and geographically diverse set of colleagues, customers and suppliers.
Continuous improvement: Encourage new ideas, best practice and self-development.