Software Development Manager
- Job Ref: 3020
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Permanent
Software Development Manager (Madrid):
We have a great opportunity in an American e-commerce and cloud computing company. They’re building a new team in Madrid to develop software improving the Customer Experience on their websites and apps.
This job role manages Team Leaders - Software Engineers at the company and will work closely with multiple business and technology platform and service teams.
About the Team:
The ingestion pipeline uses AWS, speech to text and alignment software. This technology and feature is a key strategic differentiator for the Company and you will manage a team of skilled engineers to ensure it is scaled, performant, and operating with a high degree of quality.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ownership of the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, and leading implementation and testing of new features within a fast paced, Agile environment
- Define, manage and improve the software and product development processes by working closely with high-performance engineers
- Execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team
- Architect and develop the best technical design and implementation approach with the overall product line goals and objectives in mind
- Maintain a hands-on approach to deliver high scale platforms for one of the flagship offerings
- Ensure the delivery of quality releases through management of direct reports; conduct code reviews
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing to maintain a best-in-class engineering team
- Proven success building, motivating and retaining high-performance engineering teams
- History of delivering customer-driven software products at a high scale in a fast paced, technology first, rapid-growth company
- Ability to lead positive change, empower people, cultivate product technology visions and innovative solutions
- Experienced decision maker and driver with the ability to articulate product vision and roadmap.
- Prior success as a software engineer, subject matter expert, strategic influencer on the direction of the product design and development.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across teams & multiple division stakeholders
- You might also have experience with EC2, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB and S3. Web dev knowledge is a bonus as well.
We have a comprehensive benefits package but here are some of the fun perks:
- All the snacks you can eat
- 25% fitness reimbursement
- Endless company sponsored events
- Transit reimbursement, paid parking
- Tuition assistance
Are you the one we are looking for? Don´t hesitate to contact me [email protected] / +34 666 10 18 35.