Software Development Engineer in Test
- Job Ref: 2227
- Location: Dublin, United Kingdom
- Type: Temporary
We are curently looking for a Software Developing Engineer in Test to work for our client which is a leader consultancy company.
SDETs will be empowered to actively contribute to the wider SDET / DevOps Service assisting with research and development activities to ensure that our client remains at the fore-front in delivering automation to our clients.
- Be the central “voice” of test on Agile teams.
- Overall responsibility for design and implementation of test automation tools and frameworks.
- Create and execute automated test suites covering UI, API and Performance level tests.
- Generate Test Plans (Feature, Behaviour, User Story based) from requirements to feed into Automation process
- Work with Business stakeholders to determine appropriate level of test coverage
- Understand development processes and principles. Potentially provide reviews into Development process.
- Understand development “pipeline” and contribute to other tool set-ups such as build, orchestration and deployment.
- Mentor junior SDET and Automation Engineers
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience of software development projects across a number of projects and technologies.
- Demonstrable Agile experience required.
- TDD, ATDD and BDD experience is desired.
- Programming Languages: Java, Scala, C# or Python.
- Unit Frameworks: jUnit, NUnit, TestNG, Mockito, other.
- Enterprise Frameworks: Spring Core, Boot and MVC, ASP.net MVC.
- ORM tools – Hibernate , NHibernate, Entity Framework.
- Static code tools: Sonar Cube, Ndepend.
- Automation Tools: Selenium, Protractor, Appium (desired).
- BDD Tools: Cucumber, jBehave, SpecFlow
- Orchestration: Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, Travis CI, Circle CI, or TFS.
- Source Control: Git, Mecurial, SVN.
- Build: Maven, Gradle, Maven, SBT, Ant.
- Performance: LoadRunner, JMeter
- Understanding of relational and NoSql databases.
- Understanding of Web Services and service oriented architecture.
- Planning, estimation and reporting experience
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage own deliverables
- Participate in training, including self-conducted learning, to keep skills up-to-date.
- Working Knowledge of Jira, HP ALM or Bugzilla.
- Working knowledge if Linux and Terminal commands.
For more details please contact [email protected] or