- Job Ref: 4047
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Purpose of the role:
We require a keen, experienced SOC engineer to provide support on customers’ ICT infrastructure. This role is part of our dedicated Security Team. You will need to have a broad technical background with good communication skills, an eagerness to learn and previous experience in a similar role.
Role and responsibilities:
- Providing 2nd Level Support to a broad range of clients on security focused technologies.
- Responsible for the implementation and delivery of small/medium security projects.
- Accepting escalations from Level 1 engineers.
- Acting as a team lead to lower level engineers providing tuition and advice.
- Working with the team and management to develop processes and solutions.
- Responsible for complying with all ISMS Policies and Procedures within the company and support the ISMS continuous improvement process.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff at client sites.
- Quickly build rapport and gain client confidence.
- Work individually and as a part of a team.
- Be able to follow company procedures and methods.
- Available to work out of hours / weekends if necessary.
- Logical thinker.
- Have a proven track record in trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Ability to quickly learn new products.
Education and experience:
- Network security – experience managing and delivery solutions like VPN connections, IPS systems, web filtering, firewall policies and rules, reverse proxy systems. Experience on vendors like Fortinet and Cisco is preferred.
- Network routing and switching technologies - experience on working with vendors like Cisco and HP
- Wireless networking and security - experience on working with vendors like Fortinet and Cisco and Meraki
- Remote access solutions – experience on working with vendors like Citrix XenApp and Microsoft RDS
- Microsoft OS - experience on working Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 systems
- Active Directory - experience on managing AD services and features
- Office 365 – basic experience working with O365 environments is required
- Exposure to security testing solution like Kali Linux are a plus
- Exposure to scripting language like PowerShell and bash are a plus
- Cisco CCNA certification or similar certification are essential
- Security related certification are a plus