SMA Investment Manager, Portfolio Engineering Team, Dublin
- Job Ref: 5939
- Location: dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Our Client is a leading provider of asset allocation solutions for retail, institutional, and high net worth clients. The range of investment solutions include managed accounts, financial planning frameworks and custom solutions.
Strategic Advisers is a registered investment adviser and serves as the investment manager to all managed accounts offered. They construct and manage asset allocation portfolios for more than a million accounts.
Strategic Advisers is looking for an SMA Investment Manager to join our Dublin, Ireland office. The team is responsible for portfolio construction and trading of our clients retail and workplace managed accounts. Our client employs investment expertise, quantitative techniques, and technology to scale our investment processes across both taxable and tax qualified portfolios with a mix of single and multi-asset class strategies, investing in a range of securities, including stocks, bonds, ETFs, mutual funds, and separately managed accounts.
You will be part of a dynamic group, responsible for constructing and trading Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs). We offer a wide range of sophisticated, personalized investment solutions with particular emphasis on tax management. The role will combine a high degree of technical proficiency with investment expertise to build scalable solutions to solve complex investment problems and deliver greater personalization to clients. The role is primarily focused on providing tax-sensitive, customized management of equity portfolios. You will learn and implement our quantitative SMA management strategies with a goal to improve after-tax returns while controlling risk. You will monitor portfolio characteristics, understand factor and risk model exposures, perform cross-sectional and time-series analysis to improve investment outcomes, and build processes to facilitate ongoing oversight across hundreds of thousands of accounts. You will represent the team in projects with our technology group, providing prototypes, requirements, and business context.
Experience and Education
- Graduate degree in Finance, Economics, or Engineering preferred
- Three to five years of meaningful experience in an investment role
- Existing or active progress toward CFA credentials strongly preferred
Skills and Knowledge
- Solid understanding of capital markets
- Deep understanding of portfolio construction, modern portfolio theory, quantitative portfolio construction techniques, and statistics
- Experience with portfolio optimization software such as Northfield, Axioma, or Barra a plus
- Experience with SQL, R, Java or Python, and data visualization with Tableau or Spotfire preferred
- Curiosity to investigate issues, creativity to develop solutions, and follow-through to see solutions to implementation
- Formulate and implement investment strategies based on market movements, tax code changes, trading, systems improvements, investment choices, etc.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment with an adaptable skill set and creative analytical skills
- Real passion for financial markets, technology, and innovation
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills