SharePoint Developer - contract
- Job Ref: 3528
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
What is this job like?
We are looking for a highly motivated software developer to join the existing development team in the IT Department within RCSI. The successful candidate will have Development experience and will be responsible for design, configuration and data migration in SharePoint, support the Project Leader and Development Lead on projects, and provide development expertise and mentoring to project team.
The job holder’s Key responsibilities are to:
- Define and agree the information architecture of SharePoint
- Create and modify lists, document libraries, workflows, web parts, plugins, layout, and scripts using SharePoint and SharePoint Designer.
- Develop and maintain robust document backup and retention systems, ensuring reliable and secure access to the documents of record
- Serve as a SharePoint Developer and support stakeholders with their SharePoint portal needs. Design, Develop, Enhance, Test, and Maintain the following:
- SharePoint experience: SharePoint 365, SharePoint designer, SharePoint workflows
- SharePoint Extensions, Tools, and Dashboards experience: MetaLogix (for on-prem. backup and recovery), and PowerBI (for Dashboards).
- Databases and Cloud experience: Microsoft Azure for SharePoint data migration, and familiarity with databases like SQL Server.
- Create custom SharePoint forms, web parts, timer jobs, templates and PowerShell scripts for SharePoint 365.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Position focuses on design, content migration and management in SharePoint.
- Experience in collaborative design with business leaders for site collection design including branding, graphics and navigation. Ability to creatively consolidate and evolve those ideas into wireframes and storyboards and then implement
- Proven track record of designing and building interactive SharePoint pages and sub sites with compelling design and user experience:
- Administer and support SharePoint production and staging environment
- Implement high quality, scalable and extendable enterprise solutions utilizing Microsoft collaboration suite
- Train new and existing employees regularly regarding developed standards
- Trouble-shoot SharePoint issues and provide best practices to the user community.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience managing construction records and project related documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Science, Accounting or Finance
- Experience in managing Sharepoint environments with Sharepoint 2010, 2013
- Experience with MS Office products.
Some experience in the following technologies would be advantageous but not essential:
- Unit Testing Frameworks
- Windows Communication Foundation
What you bring to this role