Senior Windows Admin
- Job Ref: 1700
- Location: Dublin 2, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
This role will work as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Windows Servers and infrastructure. You will be responsible for working on projects helping to drive the business by deploying the latest Windows based infrastructure ranging from collaboration systems, video conferencing platforms, Exchange, SCCM, and more.
The team also consolidated OpenLDAP into Active Directory using LDS userproxyfull objects. Also, the team recently rolled out BIG-IP 4ks for load balancing and, SSO via APM.
We’re a global company with over 3000 employees around the world and they will be depending on the systems you design and build to do their job.
- Help define the team’s roadmap, plan out your projects, provide effort estimates, and manage the execution of the project.
- Be responsible for all stages of major IT projects from start to finish including design, implementation, testing, and operation.
- Participate in the team's on call rotation for after-hours systems support and emergencies
- Participant in Operations wide initiatives as the IT Ops representative.
- Maintain strict change control procedures on the infrastructure and ensure all changes are documented and tested.
- Develop, expand, and maintain the team’s technical documentation including run books.
- Measure capacity and performance trends to determine long-term needs.
You will not be responsible for:
- Having to follow a dress code.
- Having set working hours.
- Needing to bring your lunch or even go out every day. Sam (our executive chef) and his team do an amazing job.
- Coming to work in a shabby old building. Our state of the art HQ opened in June and is amazing!
- Being bored.
- A 4 year degree, ideally in an engineering discipline, Comp Science preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in IT Systems Administration with MS Windows servers.
- Experience managing an Exchange environment ideally 2010 and beyond.
- Experience with Powershell is required, other scripting languages a plus.
- 4+ years with a major virtualization platforms such as Xen, KVM, or VMWare.
- Experience managing and deploying network equipment such as managed switches, firewalls, routers, and VPN appliances. We use a combination of Cisco and Juniper.
- Solid understanding of Network architecture, common application protocols (HTTPS, SMTP, IMAP etc), TCP, UDP and IP traffic flow.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.