Senior UX Designer
- Job Ref: 4972
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
What’s beautiful, but gives a UX designer nightmares? Waterfall(s)
What You’ll Be Doing…
- Conduct design workshops and guide the process through the various stages of UX design process including UX brief, research, wireframing, prototyping, testing and iterating.
- Immerse yourself in the user journey through our products and those of our competitors, shape the experience design and ensure the user is placed at the centre of the design process throughout.
- Develop deep understanding of the needs of customers and users, working with our Product Management, Product Marketing and Research teams to solidify this understanding and then present your findings and recommendations to the project team, stakeholders and the Product owner.
- You will be an ambassador for simple design, ease of use and user centred design across Verizon Connect.
- Plan and schedule your UX design work to be lock-step with other design members of the project team, and also with engineering and project management.
- Report into the Head of UX and Design.
What we’re looking for...
- Be responsible for the UX research, design and testing for the product or products you will be assigned to.
- Organizing, managing and moderating of user testing and also the recruitment of users.
- Design IA, prototypes and detail design.
- Define success criteria with researchers and product owners, and measure success via Heart framework.
- Plan and run Design Thinking workshops with key stakeholders and your CFT team members.
What We’re Looking For...
You’ll need to have:
- Have 3+ year’s experience as a UX designer.
- An online portfolio of Research, Personas, UX Flows, Experience Maps, Wireframes, Prototypes and User Testing.
- Bring a user centered design approach to everything you do.
- Identify user problems and issues through hands-on user research, observation and user testing.
- Comfortable working with, shaping and leading, consistent design standards and experience libraries.
- Generate wireframes, visual design concepts and high-fidelity prototypes individually and also collaboratively, particularly with engineering.
- A proven track record in interaction design and wireframing and the ability to show the process you took from sketches to paper prototypes to low, medium to high fidelity prototypes.
- Proven track record coordinating and leading workshops and Design Sprints.
- Ability to plan and lead user testing.
- Experience of working in cross functional teams throughout the end-to-end Design Process.
- Handover of graphics and ownership technical specs for engineering.
Even Better If You Have
- A great UI design and graphic portfolio, while not essential for this UX design position, is a distinct plus.
- Experience in the Design Thinking methodology and/or Design Sprints is a plus.
- User Research and data analytics experience.
- Experience of Lean UX a distinct advantage.
- Involvement in a UI/UX framework and development and design