Senior UI Engineer
- Job Ref: 4774
- Location: Co Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
• Deliver solutions by providing direct development of software.
• Work closely with technical leads for assigned projects to assist in design and
• Assist with production support issues by acting as a subject matter expert in resolving
incidents and problem tickets.
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements
in adherence with standards, processes and best practices.
• Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor
Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
• Collaborate with vendor resources for support of products.
• Conduct brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and
application appropriate frameworks.
• Ensure knowledge transfer of vendor technology to the staff.
• Provide technical training to the other team members.
• Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC.
• Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and
• Be an integral part of the Agile SAFe discover and elaboration sessions. Perform
requirements and design reviews, peer code reviews and PCI security reviews to ensure
compliance with standards.
All About You
• High-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship,
collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a
member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Deep knowledge of software development processes including agile processes and test
• Experience with the design and development of complex, multi-tier software solutions.
• Comfortable working in a Linux environment, using VI editor and general command line
Essential Skills required:
? Experience developing single page applications
? Experience of test driven development (TDD)
? Strong working knowledge of HTML5, ES5+ES6/CSS3/SCSS/SASS
? Willingness to learn Angular & Typescript
? Working with web services REST/JSON
? Familiarity with Unix shell tools (git, vi, grep, sed) or equivalents
? Working with Angular2+, Typescript
? Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
? Experience of behaviour driven development (BDD)
? Experience writing automation tests with protractor
? Experience working in a mono-repo
? Familiarity with NGRX and working with a unidirectional data flow
? Experience with RXJS and Angular Lazy Loading, Route resolvers etc.
? Ability to write components which are flexible & reusable