Senior Technical Writer
- Job Ref: 3749
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Great opportunity for a Technical Writer to join an exciting software development team. The successful candidate will work in an Agile development environment and will be responsible for creating and editing technical documentation for the next generation of products across a number of projects. We are recruiting for Technical Writers for a complex Telecoms infrastructure platform
- Create and update existing documentation including installation and upgrade guides, user guides, SDKs and online help.
- Create standard documentation templates based on existing corporate standards.
- Collaborate with Scrum teams to gather required information for technical documentation.
- Maintain content for and manage multiple projects simultaneously; learn the products and work as an integral part of the product team.
- Coordinate document reviews with the appropriate development and test teams.
- Manage and close documentation bugs in a timely manner.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- 4 + years’ experience in technical writing, preferably within the software sector.
- Experience with DITA or other topic-based writing methodology required.
- Experience with XML authoring tools required.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly with other team members.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to work within team deadlines.
- Experience with Confluence and Jira tool set desirable.
- Linux experience or knowledge desirable.
- Degree in related field desirable.
- Competitive salary
- Life Assurance
- Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Staff technical talks
- Regular staff competitions