The Technical Support Engineer serves as a champion for our customers. In pursuit of that goal, the Technical Support Engineer will partner with our customers to place emphasis on issue prevention rather than resolution. The Technical Support Engineer handles direct technical customer inquiries, performs complex root cause analysis duties and maintains customer satisfaction from a technical and professional level.
This is a very dynamic role where you will be providing escalation support, interface with engineering on deep product issues, lead and contribute to ongoing projects revolving around support tools, knowledge management, self-service initiatives and more.
The successful applicant will have 5+ years’ experience providing Level 2 technical support for enterprise products, in mission critical environments to a global customer base. Suitable applicants must be available to provide on-call support on a scheduled basis.
- Third Level Computer Science or Computer Engineering Degree
- Excellent verbal and written English-language communication skills to effectively manage the Customer relationship
- Ability to work constructively together as part of a team, sharing ideas and resources
- Working knowledge of Linux systems, network configuration, and general troubleshooting
- Demonstrable ability to isolate problems between hardware and software and to provide relevant information to the development teams
- Proven working knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals
- Ability to provide mentoring and assistance to junior staff
- Strong process discipline with a working knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM system
- Proven track record of initiating and implementing progressive process improvements
- Hands-on experience of network switches, routers, aggregation taps, Linux servers, etc.
- Cisco CCNP certification
- Experience of a Hadoop ecosystem (particularly Hortonworks) and exposure to AWS or Azure
- Experience as a Level 2 support engineer for cloud-based applications
- UNIX scripting languages including Bash, Python, awk, Perl
- Motivated and committed to excellence
- Organized, methodical, and detail oriented
- Good interpersonal skills, especially with customers
- Can quickly grasp and learn new technologies
- Ability to clearly explain complex technological concepts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to remain calm and professional while dealing with customer related issues
- Ability to proactively engage the required resources to ensure the customer expectation is exceeded in a timely manner