Senior Systems Engineer – Information Security / Authentication Platforms
- Job Ref: 1984
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
The Fidelity Technology Group Information Security& Technology Risk division provides enterprise-wide application & security services for Fidelity's business units across the globe. The Enterprise Identity and Access Management group is responsible for providing a wide range of security solutions including Access Governance & Provisioning, Web Access Management, Platform Authentication and Identity Management solutions.
We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team working on solutions servicing over 400 enterprise applications and 35,000 employees. This role is responsible for providing engineering, implementation and third-level support of solutions that meet the needs of a diverse organisation. They will work directly with the business units to determine their needs, identify and design the optimum solution, and work with operations and infrastructure support teams to implement the change.
The successful candidate will be expected to have some experience in the Application Security / Authentication Platform space, however, training will be provided as required on the products used by the team. This role provides an opportunity for the right candidate to gain hands-on experience and expertise across a range of Identity and Access Management solutions from the leading vendors in this increasingly important field.
- Work closely with business partners to identify their needs and develop innovative solutions to broad and complex information security challenges.
- Develop technical configuration/engineering solutions for application integration with leading application security / authentication platform security products.
- Plan and perform platform upgrade projects to ensure IT compliance.
- Investigate complex issues affecting multiple systems.
- Assist in setting product roadmap, long term strategy and vision of product direction.
- Provide 3rd level product support/on call responsibilities.
Skills and Knowledge
- Hands-on experience in the Application Security / Authentication Platform space, ideally integration experience with vendor products.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify, isolate, & resolve complex application issues independently.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a global team.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal to effectively perform in a customer facing role.
- Works well in adapting to the challenge of new or unfamiliar tasks and responsibilities, appreciates the opportunity for learning and growth.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of IT solution engineering and integration experience.
- Supports and understands technologies like LDAP, Directories, Databases, Networks etc.
- Must be able to communicate with customers clearly, concisely, and in a friendly manner in person, via email and telephone.
- Technical writing capability to address key project documentation (SRS, Design Documents, etc).
- Ability to collaboratively work with limited supervision in a geographically dispersed team setting.
- Authentication Security experience would be a definite plus.