Senior Systems Engineer - Galway
- Job Ref: 2799
- Location: Galway, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Our client, financial company on the market for over 60 years, is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer for a permanent role based in Galway. The ideal candidate for this role will provide guidance and oversight in planning, organizing and coordinating Enterprise-driven infrastructure initiatives. This role will coordinate infrastructure related activities for the team across multiple data centers in addition to overseeing the process of provisioning, obsolescence management, patching and other related activities. This is a pivotal role in facilitating the growth of the team solutions and requires a track record of successfully managing large-scale infrastructure deployments interfacing with multiple infrastructure groups.
This role requires a well-organized, structured, process-driven individual to oversee all aspects of infrastructure provisioning and maintenance for the team. The candidate will work with technology partners to ensure timely delivery of commitments. Infrastructure metrics reporting, disaster recovery planning & participation and communication of platform/partner/customer activities is core to the role.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
This is primarily a systems engineering position with some elements of support which encompasses all phases in Application Lifecycle Management. The ideal candidate would have strong systems engineering background with hands-on experience using Linux/Unix application installations and configurations along with an understanding of agile development methodologies. The position requires a strong background in systems engineering, release engineering, the Unix/Linux and Windows operating system, application development and QA testing support, the desire and ability to learn new technologies and tools and the ability to work closely with diverse teams of software engineers, QA testers and business partners. Strong communication and customer relations skills are a must.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Strategic and creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail: dedication to quality and excellent documentation skills are key
- Demonstrated experience of working on multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers over the phone
- Team Player
- Advanced communication and collaboration skills
- Professional attitude with ability to lead and work as part of a creative team
- Experience working with global teams (esp. India); ability to influence as well as providing guidance and communication to such teams
- Hands-on work style
- Proactive in nature: can-do attitude
- Experience working with agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with QA and Project Management processes and/or tools
- Collaboration tools such as Confluence or other wiki tools
- ALM application experience (Stash, Jenkins, uDeploy, Jira, Artifactory, Sonar)
- AWS Tools e.g. CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, CodeCommit and CodeBuild
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor level degree in Information Technology, Business Information Systems or similar discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role:
- Administration with Linux/Unix based enterprise applications
- Unix/Linux operating systems including shell scripting (Perl or Python or Ruby scripting)
- Unix/Linux tools installations and configurations including network knowledge and database experience (Apache, Tomcat, HTTP, Oracle, MySQL)
- Administration with Windows based enterprise applications
- Software development experience including using Agile methodologies.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in Ireland.