Senior Systems Engineer
- Job Ref: 3597
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Technical stack: Fully Office 365, All Dell hardware (Servers, laptops SAN’s), VMware and Hyper-V as virtual infrastructures, Windows Servers, Red Hat servers. Our technology is constantly changing. Over the last 18 months, we’ve introduced several new enterprise technologies. We’re building the very best and constantly evolving – so you will get lots of great exposure to a tonne of great technology.
About your role:
Reporting to our Systems Engineering Manager, you will be part of an experienced systems engineering team. We have a rich and varied tech stack and we're growing rapidly. You will be upkeeping, maintaining and providing on-going support for our Windows Systems and Networks, as well as jumping in and working with new technologies/ projects as we implement them.
This is a senior level Systems Engineering role, requiring domain expertise. It offers plenty of interesting technical challenges, a supportive and experiened technical team to work with and learn from, plenty of scope for growth and a brilliant culture.
Here’s just some of what you will be doing;
- Administration of Active Directory across multiple sites
- Maintain and develop our Office 365 and Azure services
- Integration of new solutions onto our SSO platform
- Deploy and configure virtualised systems across VMware and Hyper-V stacks
- Monitor, Troubleshoot and report on all systems performance metrics and alerts
- Work closely with internal teams to deliver a secure platform
- Manage patch release cycles
- Documenting build, design, and security documents
- Development of automation scripts to streamline operations
- Manage backup systems and devices
Responsibilities, Skills & Qualifications
- 6+ years’ experience in a Windows Systems Engineer/ Senior Systems Engineering role with a dominant Windows focus.
- Advanced networking knowledge
- SAN experience (iSCSI)
- Experience with Microsoft Operations Manager
- Strong security focus (hardening standards, best practices, mitigations)
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent experience
- MSCE/Azure certifications, CCNP
- Previous experience as a technical leader or SME