Senior Systems Administrator
- Job Ref: 4757
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Our IT department are seeking an experienced Systems Administrator to manage our on premise and cloud hosted systems. Our infrastructure currently consists of local datacentres on our main campus, an offsite primary datacentre and servers in an Azure environment we also has a presence in several locations across the country which connect to the main datacentres. There is a significant VMware, Hyper-V and Azure environment which the successful candidate will be required to support. We have a significant IT presence in Bahrain and Dubai which is managed locally but will require interaction from the Dublin site.
Specifically, the duties of the post are:
- Resolve User reported IT issues assigned via the IT Service Desk.
- Analyse problems, performing root cause analysis along the way, and ensuring preventative measures are put in place.
- Monitor, configure and improve upon critical IT infrastructure: Azure and locally resident Domain Controllers, Active Directory Group Policies, SCCM, Hyper-V, Office 365, VMware, Citrix Infrastructure.
- Develop and build Azure based infrastructure using relevant resource groups, custom resource templates, vnets and scripts to automate deployment and deallocation of Azure based resources.
- Work with Office 365 to configure such solutions as Intune to manage mobile devices and Advanced Threat Protection.
- Configure and Maintain Skype for Business on premises solution.
- Identify areas for improvement through reconfiguration, upgrade of existing or introduction of new technologies. The engineer will brief IT management on recent issues and any suggestions for upgrades and update on changes to the infrastructures.
- Work with SCCM and other tools to deploy software packages and updates. Build appropriate images for operating system deployments.
- Work with group policy and AD infrastructure to provide optimal user environment and ensure best security.
- Engage and work with system vendors and partners to implement necessary upgrades to system, raise necessary support tickets and work with these third parties to resolve problems.
- Assemble and update infrastructure documentation Maintain server and Operating System environments for hosted solutions
- Configure physical IT resources (servers, backup tape libraries, UPS, SAN switching and disk replacements etc.)
- Manage Security solutions: Checkpoint and Bitlocker Encryption solutions together with Cisco Advanced Malware Protection.
- Draw up appropriate Change Approval Board proposals for any changes to the IT infrastructure.
- Monitor and configure Backup solution to ensure successful backups.
- Monitor capacities on existing resources: File shares and SAN disk resources.
- Report to the IT Service Delivery Manager and IT Infrastructure Manager on urgent IT issues
- Investigate and trial new solutions which will align with the IT strategy
- Provide third level advice to junior Engineers/IT Service Desk staff
- Provide some cover for Network Administrator role involving:
- Configuration of firewall rules on Cisco Firepower firewalls
- Configuration of Cisco Switches (network port troubleshooting/VLAN config.)
- Representing the best interests of us at all times.
- Undergoing programmes of training and development as may be required from time to time.
- Performing such other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Qualified in relevant in Azure/Windows Server.
- Qualified in relevant VMware and Hyper-V technologies.
Knowledge & Experience (Essential):
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience managing large scale virtualised VMWare and Hyper-V environments
- Experience working with large scale Azure and Office 365 environments.
- Experience working with Skype for Business.
- Be able to script solutions and configuration using PowerShell.
- CCNA: Some network experience configuring cisco switches and firewalls.
Knowledge & Experience (Desirable):
- Experience with Moodle and/or CRM system
Skills & Competencies:
- Office 365
- Skype for Business on Premise.
- CommVault backups
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Exchange 2010
- Group Policies
- PowerShell scripting
- SAN technologies
- SCCM and SCOM
- Some awareness of functions of firewall and switch technologies
- Cisco ios
- Managing Cisco firewalls (Firepower)