Senior Systems Administrator
- Job Ref: 3823
- Location: Naas, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Responsible for the design, configuration and support of:
- VMware vSphere Enterprise 6 clusters
- Fortigate firewalls
- EMC and Lenovo SANs
- Cisco Catalyst networking
- Commvault backup & recovery system
Responsible for DevOps:
- Work with global teams to design and provision new projects using Azure and Power BI
- Plan the transition of in house applications to the cloud
- Assist multiple developments teams with design and implementation of cloud solutions
- Advise management team on adoption of cloud solution
- Assist with implementing automated build and deployment systems using TFS or VSTS
Support for New Projects:
- Keeping informed on latest industry trends and best practices
- Introducing and integrating new technologies
- Assisting with technical bids for new business including writing technical submissions
- Managing procurement of new hardware and software solutions to support new business
- Work with global IT team to manage Active Directory
- Analysing impact of operating systems updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Coordinating with our Level 1 and Level 2 Support to resolve IT System tickets to maintain our Service Level Agreements.
- Analysing system logs and identifying potential issues with our IT Systems.
- Responsible for system / network security.
- Oversee the documenting the configuration of the system.
- Manage system performance tuning.
- Manage the deployments of software releases across multiple environments.
- Support Avaya ACCS contact centre telephony system
- Oracle database server installation and management
- Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 & 7
Apache web server
- Requires at least 8 years relevant experience.
- Requires a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to work with range of people ranging from developers to business users, to senior management so good communication skills are essential.
- Occasional out of hours support for upgrades and deployment work.
- Excellent oral and written English.
- Ability to write responses to tender requests.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take the lead role in the technical team and help develop junior team members.
Recent training and certification in the use of Microsoft, VMware, Cisco and cloud technologies would be considered advantageous. More than 2 years on the job experience would also be considered.
Exposure and a working knowledge of the following technologies would be ideal to help the candidate grow the role over time.
- Lenovo System X series server hardware
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Microsoft BizTalk server
- TrackIT help desk
- VoIP telephony