Senior Systems Administrator
- Job Ref: 1891
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Senior Systems Administrator/Developer
My client is looking to recruit a Senior Systems Administrator/Developer. The role could also be called Sys Ops or Dev Ops due to the nature of our work.
This role will require management and optimisation of our existing Linux systems and design, planning and deployment of new capacity, services and systems. Where possible we utilise open source to ensure our innovative solutions are competitive, hence the requirement for strong scripting skills for integration of these systems.
We have offices in Cork and Dublin and operate a lifestyle friendly work from home policy (3/4 days of the week). This role would ideally suit someone who lives in the commuter counties around Dublin and Cork, or maybe even someone further afield.
This role would suit someone with a broad range of technical knowledge that a small/startup innovative company requires, and who wishes to get away from the daily commute.
- Maintenance and optimisation of core Linux and BSD systems.
- Research, design, develop, and deploy new services and systems.
- Support and problem-solving of escalated issues from clients.
- Documentation and training of tier 1 & 2 support staff.
- Assist/attend sales team in technical sales meetings
- Excellent scripting skills Bash, PHP, Python (language not that important as a good scripter can learn a new language)
- Strong Linux knowledge – CentOS and Ubuntu
- Strong understanding of networking at layer 2 and layer 3 levels. (OSPF, BGP knowledge not required)
- Good understanding of databases – ideally MySQL.
- Self-motivated and working to deadlines.
- Good organization and documentation skills.
- Willingness to learn and develop, (training budget exists for skills upgrading).
- Fluent English written and spoken.
- Commitment to Secure by Design development approach
- Experience with Amazon AWS services – route 53, EC2 and S3
- Experience working with data over cellular or VSAT links.
- BSD experience, particularly around pf firewall.
- EU National with full permission to work in Ireland
- Successful applicants will agree to a criminal record check (UK, USA and Ireland) and should not be barred from entry to the UK or USA.